The holidays can be stressful and they shouldn’t be. The holidays should be a time to enjoy your family and friends, not stressing about a dinner party or other holiday function. To (hopefully) make your holiday season more cheery and bright, we’ve put together a list of tips to help you through.
1. Only make recipes you’ve made before. When you have a table of extended family waiting around the dining room table for dinner, you do not want to serve them an experiment. Serving a meal your comfortable making will take some stress out of our prep and you won’t be wondering throughout the whole meal if the nut crusted turkey stuffed with seafood was a hit or not. (Disclaimer, that is not a real recipe!)
2. Shop smart. Holiday shopping can cause a headache but there are a few ways to make it less stressful:
- Make a list of the people you want to buy presents for with gift options and stick to it
- Start your shopping early
- Shop online or use the Internet to research the best prices
- When in doubt, buy gift cards!
3. Hire an event planner. We wouldn’t recommend hiring an event planner for your family Christmas dinner but for larger events they can be worth the costs. Event planners are trained to take care of everything and can be a huge help in keeping your holiday season stress free.
4. Rent equipment in advance. You don’t want to be worrying about how many tables and chairs you need 2 days before your holiday event. Device a plan in advance and make arrangements for your rentals as early as possible. Speaking of equipment…
5. Rent equipment from a reputable source. Some rental companies are just not as organized as others and some are not licensed which can put your event and business in jeopardy. You can never go wrong choosing vendors that are Better Business Bureau accredited or check out gatheringguide.com to see information about company licenses and insurance.
From everyone at ATent for Rent, we wish you all a Happy Holiday season and success with your Holiday events.
Two weeks ago we talked about many of the great features of the Facebook timeline for event planners, but there is one big disadvantage that came with the timeline. Your posts do not get shown to as many of your fans.
If your company is not on Pinterest yet and is in the event industry, we highly recommend joining. Take a look at what we’ve used our page for. In addition to repins and followers we have also increased our website traffic because so many users are interested to see the origin of the images. Check out our last post about why the event industry can benefit from Pinterest and be sure to follow us!
What is Pinterest you ask? It’s a place to bookmark (Pin) images and videos you find from around the web. Your pins are visible to other Pinterest users even if they don’t follow your page and you can see the pin boards of others. If you are considering creating a Pinterest page be sure to read on to find out why we think its so great!